This Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese recipe uses up your pantry stock to make a delicious and healthy meal in under 30 minutes!
If you’re like me, you’ve been living off what you have in your pantry and making do with what you have on-hand. This Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese came out of necessity and ended up being so delicious and comforting that I had to share it with you!
What. A. Week. It’s. Been. A lot has happened since the last time we met here. So many people’s lives have been turned upside down thanks year and it hasn’t even been two weeks. It’s crazy to think about how different things were just 12 or so days ago.
My heart truly goes out to those who have been affected this year. At this point, we can’t even begin to grasp the scope of things. If there’s one thing that I’ve really enjoyed seeing while everyone’s been at home, it’s people using their strengths to entertain or teach others.
I’ve been overwhelmed with the number of people on Instagram live offering cooking demos, workout classes, painting or craft hours for kids, or even guided meditation. It truly shows that we’re all in this together and gives me so much hope.
On a happier note, I’ve had to get a little more creative in the kitchen these days. Our grocery stores have been VERY limited, so I’m kind of stuck with what I already had, pre-pandemic. The great thing about this recipe is that it can easily be adapted according to what’s in your pantry.
I had whole wheat elbows available but any short-cut pasta would do. You could also use any cheeses you like! I love a combination of cheddar and mozzarella. Feel free to add in a protein like ground beef or shredded chicken. I think I’m going to try this method again to do a hamburger helper situation. Yum!
What have you been cooking these past couple of weeks? I love seeing everyone getting creative!
Looking for an appetizer? Try my Three Cheese Macaroni Shooters!
- 1 pound uncooked elbow pasta, I used whole wheat
- 4 cups of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 cup shredded fontina
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 8oz bag of frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed of all liquid
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- Pour the pasta, water, and salt into the pot of your electric pressure cooker. Using the manual function, cook for 3 minutes. When the timer goes off, quick release the steam.
- Gently stir in the butter until melted. Add the cheeses and milk. Use a couple of tablespoons of milk at a time, as needed. Depending on the type of pasta you use, you may need more or less. Stir in spinach and chopped artichoke hearts. Taste and season additionally, if needed.