I love recipes that can turn into other recipes…like a chameleon recipe. In today’s post I’ve included two separate printable recipes that can be used with one another or separated to be used in other ways. My go-to Key Lime Curd and Frozen Yogurt Popsicle recipes come together to create these EPIC Key Lime Pie Fro-Yo Pops.
The curd is great piped into cupcakes with a meringue frosting, and the fro-yo pops can be easily adapted to feature your favorite fruit. Save these to your summer Pinterest board and sign up for email notifications so you can be alerted when more summer recipes are posted!
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup key lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 1⁄8 tsp. kosher salt
- zest of 1 lime, key lime if possible
- 7 tbsp. butter, cut into cubes and chilled
- Whisk together sugar and eggs in a medium saucepan. Add juice, salt, and zest and stir until smooth.
- Place saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens to the consistency of pudding, about 10 minutes. Whisk in butter, a few cubes at a time, until smooth. Pour through a fine strainer into a large bowl, and chill.
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 cup lime curd, homemade or store bought (OR other fruit puree of your choice)
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- popsicle stick and mold
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine CHILLED lime curd and Greek yogurt. Taste the mixture to see if it’s flavored to your liking, adding more lime curd if you wish.
- Pour equal amounts of mixture into your popsicle molds and insert sticks. Chill in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight. If you have trouble removing the popsicles from the molds you can dip them in a bit of warm water to loosen them up.
- Once they’re removed sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and serve or keep in the freezer for future popsicle needs.
Boozy Limonata Peach-Basil Popsicles -
Thursday 11th of May 2017
[…] Like this? Check out my Key Lime Fro-Yo Pops! […]