Not only are they stinkin’ cute, but this is one of the most perfect Halloween treats. These easy to bake Kitchen Sink Blondies will be loved by adults and kids alike.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I’m SO excited to finally be creating Halloween content, especially of the sweet and spooky variety. These Kitchen Sink Blondies are one of my favorite desserts to make all year long, and they’re so fun to customize for Halloween.
I definitely miss the excitement of Halloween as a child. I was definitely one of those kids who went trick-or-treating way longer than probably should have, with absolutely zero shame mind you.
Everyone knows that there are certain candies that you hoped to get in your bag and ones that you tried to trade with your friends. Without a doubt, my favorite chocolates are still the MARS candies M&M’s, and Twix, and my favorite fruity candies being Wrigley’sare Skittles and Starburst.
My mouth is actually watering right now just thinking about them. This will be our 2nd Halloween in our first home, and last year I had so much fun handing out candy.
I cannot wait to do it again this year, but I’m hoping we don’t eat the two big bags of MARS candies that we already bought. If we do happen to run low (oops), I know that I can pop right back over to the Kroger seasonal aisle to pick up as much as I need.
Seriously, every time I’ve been in Kroger this month, I’ve been tempted by the massive selection of Halloween goodies that they keep in stock.
If you’re unsure of where your local Kroger is located, This store locator will help you find it.
I love having a few friends over for dinner on Halloween so that we can enjoy the evening together.
When it comes to creating a Halloween-inspired tablescape, I like to pair black accents like chargers, candlesticks, and candy dishes with stark white plates, gold flatware, and festive napkins.
Pumpkins of all colors are a must, as well as a stunning floral centerpiece that’s flecked with warm autumn hues. Be sure to keep that candy bowl nearby so you can tend to the trick-or-treaters as soon as the doorbell rings!
I like to make individual candy bags for my guests to mark their place at the table. You can either do that with your MARS candies or wrap up a couple of the Kitchen Sink Blondies to give as a favor!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped into quarters (I used Halloween ones with orange-colored filling)
- ¼ cup MARS M&M’s or other MARS candies
- Candy eyes to decorate if desired
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, and then gently stir in the chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top slightly.
- Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms over the top, lightly pressing them down with your finger or a spatula.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, until the top is no longer wet looking. Allow the blondies to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving