Imagine yourself making this delicious Leek and Delicata Pizza with Burrata on a cool fall night in your outdoor pizza oven. Goals!
If I were to die and be reincarnated as a food item, it would definitely be pizza. Dare I say, this Leek and Delicata Pizza with Burrata to be exact.
Hear me out. It’s got everything I love (except chocolate, of course).
Carbs, in the form of crispy pizza dough
Crispy and salty prosciutto (my ride or die)
Creamy, luscious burrata
Savory leeks (totally underrated imo)
Sweet, seasonal delicata squash
NAME A BETTER GROUP THAN THAT….I’LL WAIT
We’re moving in the very very near future, and all I want is for everyone I know to pitch in to buy us an outdoor pizza oven. Is that too much to ask? I’m currently daydreaming about eating this guy on the back patio with a glass of my favorite cheap Chardonnay.
Like to have your pizza before lunch? Try my Country Ham, Kale and Egg Breakfast Pizza!
- 2 leeks, cleaned - halve, remove the outer layer and slice into thin half circles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ball of homemade or store-bought pizza dough (I love Trader Joe's)
- 1-2 cups gouda, shredded
- 4 oz prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 1 small delicata squash, halved, seeded and thinly slice
- 2 balls of burrata or fresh mozzarella
- fresh sage leaves, for garnish
- Place a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Add the sliced leeks and sauté for 6-8 minutes until soft. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Remove your burrata from the fridge now.
- Preheat your oven to 500ºF. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be cooked, top each with half of the shredded cheese, sautéed leeks, prosciutto, and sliced delicata. Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden and crispy.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with the burrata. I like to place the ball of burrata on the pizza, slice through it and dollop the cream around the pizza. Season with salt and pepper and fresh sage leaves. Serve immediately