This Lemon-Strawberry Baked Brie combines the bright flavors of strawberry and lemon with rich and creamy brie for a perfect spring appetizer.
I’m sure you’re no stranger to baked brie, but for some reason, it tends to be more of a winter appetizer than a summer one. I’m here to proclaim that with a few fresh flavors, you can easily serve brie, even when the temperature gauge starts to rise. This Lemon-Strawberry Baked Brie will be the perfect addition to your cheese board all season long.
I’ve been thinking a lot about summer appetizers lately because Matt and I have our baby shower coming up at the beginning of June! It’s so crazy to me that we’re already at this point — at the end of this week I’ll be 30 weeks! To say that it’s starting to get real is an understatement. That being said, we’ve been trying to plan out what we’re going to serve at our co-ed shower. I love all things snacky and finger foods, so this brie may just have to make an appearance.
I love how the sweet and tart flavor of the lemon strawberry compote pairs with the richness of the brie. I’m someone who loves the rind so I leave most of it on, but you can definitely trim more off if you need to. I like to serve it with fresh fruit and crispy baguette for scooping up all of that delicious oozey goodness!
Do you have a favorite dish that you like to serve at parties? I would love to hear!
Try my Cranberry Brie Crescent Wreath!
- 2 cups ripe strawberries, hulled diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz wheel of brie
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 apple, sliced
- Baguette, sliced and toasted
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, mashing up the strawberries as they cook. Cook for 10-15 min until no lumps remain.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Slice off the top rind of the brie and place in a baking dish. Bake for about 10 minutes until soft slightly oozing. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get too runny.
- Spoon some of the strawberry compote on top and finish with lemon zest and slivered almonds. Serve with sliced apples, toasted baguette, and crackers.