These Mango Ginger Turkey Meatballs with Honey-Soy Glaze are the perfect quick weeknight dinner or impressive appetizer!
Hello, my cooking crew! Long time no chat! I’ve sorely missed being on a strict blogging schedule and it feels SO good to be typing away right now!
Today’s recipe is a super easy but equally as delectable dish that can be served for dinner, meal prepped for lunch throughout the week, or passed as an appetizer!
These Mango Ginger Turkey Meatballs with Honey-Soy Glaze are one that you won’t want to miss.
How have you all been? I would love to know how spring has been treating you. We’ve had some beautiful weather, but in true Kentucky fashion, we’ve jumped straight to summer. I’m not complaining though!
I’ve loved getting to play outside with Norah and even get her in the pool already. She’s definitely going to be a water lover like her mom and dad.
Do you all have any fun plans for the summer? We will be heading to Florida with Matt’s family at the end of June for a family vacation and we’re so excited!
I can’t wait to get Norah on the beach and experience the ocean for the first time. Now, if I can only get her to keep her sun hat and sunglasses on we’ll be set!
If you have any tips for getting a rambunctious 11-month-old to keep her hats/bows/glasses on, please let me know! Shortly after that, we have Norah’s first birthday.
Don’t even get me started on that. I’m absolutely floored by how fast this year has gone by. People always tell you that, but wow, it’s crazy.
I’m probably going to be doing a post all about her birthday and our baby road trip essentials, so if there’s anything you’d like to see just let me know!
These meatballs may not be road-trip friendly, but they’re pretty perfect for just about any other occasion.
On my last Trader Joe’s run, I picked up freeze-dried strawberries, bananas, and mangos to try in different recipes.
The strawberries and bananas went in a Rice Krispie treat I was testing, and the mangos ended up in these meatballs. While the Rice Krispie Treats didn’t work out, these were a home run on the first try.
They’re moist, simple to throw together, and most importantly, FULL of flavor. Next, I think I might try out a pork meatball with dried pineapple.
Alright, off I go to bask in my wonderful idea! Hope you all enjoy!
- Canola oil, for brushing
- 1 pound ground turkey, preferably a mix of white and dark meat
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried dried mango, pulsed in a food processor or finely crushed*
- 1/3 cup minced scallions, plus thinly sliced scallions for garnish
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450° and brush a rimmed baking sheet with canola oil. In a large bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients except for those for the Honey Soy Glaze. Form the mixture into 1 1/2 -inch balls and arrange on the baking sheet. Brush the meatballs with canola oil and bake for about 13 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Transfer the meatballs to a platter and brush with Honey-Soy Glaze.
- Honey-Soy Glaze
Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer, watching closely until reduced by 1/3. About 5-7 minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer on toothpicks or for a meal with rice and veggies!
Be sure to get freeze-dried mango instead of regular dried mango. You can find it in the same aisle!