This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThePerfectBreakFEAST #CollectiveBias
Life update: We bought a house! We’ve been moving in and unpacking for the last week or so and our home is slowly starting to take shape. I’m so happy to finally have a place that I can entertain and spare rooms to have people stay overnight. I love to play hostess and this has proven challenging when living in a tiny apartment. So, yay for houses! The first time I do have overnight guests, I plan on breaking out this Maple Peanut Butter Dutch Baby for breakfast the next morning.
The great thing about this breakfast is that you can blend everything in your blender, pour it the pan and you’re basically done. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good pancake, but when you’re making breakfast for a crowd the whole flipping and watching thing can be a bit tedious. Hungry Jack® Pancake & Waffle Mix is the perfect choice for this method because it already has everything you need and provides delicious, hearty pancakes, waffles… and dutch babies. The other crucial part of this recipe is the Jif® Maple Flavored Spread. It provides protein to the recipe and is naturally flavored, has no artificial ingredients, is non-GMO & gluten-free. These two things together are a perfect, wholesome breakfast solution for any day of the week.
FYI, I picked up all of the ingredients for this recipe at my local Meijer. I have a soft spot in my heart for Meijer because I took a blogger field trip to one of their stores for an in-depth tour once. Let me tell you, not only do they have a huge selection of goods, they are the nicest people ever. Meijer has a great coupon program called mPerks where you can tons of valuable coupons. For this recipe, I used Hungry Jack® Pancake & Waffle Mix, Jif® Maple Flavored Spread and Hungry Jack® Microwaveable syrup. Right now, if you use your mPerks card, you can get $0.75 off 1 Hungry Jack pancake & waffle mix, $0.75 off 1 Jif Flavored Spread and $0.75 off 1 Hungry Jack syrup. Score! Meijer is also hosting in-store demos on September 4th, so if you live near one I would highly recommend going to check it out.
Whether you are hosting kids, adults or both they will all love this recipe equally. Leave me a comment letting me know if you try this recipe and what your favorite breakfast recipe for entertaining is. Don’t forget to check out the mPerks program to save big on your favorite household items!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Hungry Jack® Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup Jif® Maple Flavored Spread
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Hungry Jack® Microwaveable syrup to serve
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine eggs, pancake mix, milk, sugar and maple spread in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and place in the oven to melt the butter. Keep an eye on it, and as soon as the butter is melted, carefully add the batter to the skillet. Return the skillet to the oven for 20 minutes, until the pancake is puffed and golden brown.
- Lower the oven temp to 300 degrees and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove pancake from oven, cut into wedges and serve with fresh fruit, preserves and syrup.