Kids and adults alike will adore these easy Mini Lasagna Cups with Ravioli. Plus, they’re freezer-friendly and totally customizable!
Any way to make lasagna an easier process is okay with me and these Mini Lasagna Cups with Ravioli are soooo simple.
Matt and I are total lasagna snobs. Every time we eat out at an Italian restaurant, one of us has to get the lasagna. While we’ve had some really good ones, none have come close to beating my Classic Lasagna. So, imagine my surprise when I tested this super easy recipe with great success! Kids will love them, adults will love them, they’re fun to make… I could go on forever.
I’ve seen lasagna cups made with wonton wrappers, but to me, wonton isn’t quite the same as pasta dough. Plus, you still have to make the ricotta layer. I just knew there had to be a way this could be simplified even more. Enter: Ravioli. It’s perfect.
They fit in the muffin tin like a glove, they’re already filled with a ricotta and cheese mixture, and it’s real pasta! You definitely want to make sure you’re getting the larger ones, though. That’s essential.
I love that these can be easily customized to your taste as well. You can leave out the meat and go for a plain marinara, you could use ravioli with different fillings, you could use another cheese, the options are endless!
I can’t wait to make these with some butternut squash ravioli and shredded gruyere. BRB, going to do another blog post!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Italian sausage links, casing removed
- 1 cup marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 24 large packaged cheese ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, breaking up the sausage as you go. Drain off excess fat and add marinara sauce to the sausage. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Blanche the ravioli for 1-2 minutes, just until they are slightly more pliable. They will continue to cook in the oven. Drain the ravioli and dab off any excess moisture.
- Place one large ravioli into each of the 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure that it fills the whole bottom. Fill each cup with 1 tablespoon marinara mixture and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese; repeat with one more layer, ending with mozzarella on top.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the ravioli are golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious