Are you celebrating National Rum Day? If so, this Mixed Berry Coconut Rum and Coke is a perfect way commemorate the occasion!
This post is sponsored by Blue Chair Bay. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. #RumOn
Happy Belated National Rum Day! Funny story, I’ve had this blog post on my calendar for a month. Now, I’m always the person that gets on Instagram at 5pm to find out that I’ve missed out on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day or National Donut Day. So, when I found out that National Rum Day was coming up, I knew I had to take part. I wrote the date in my planner as August 17th, which is the day after National Rum Day. Five minutes before I sat down to write this blog post, I realized my mistake and had a manic freakout. Oh well… we all make mistakes, right? I blame it on working from home because I never actually know what day it is. Say you’ll forgive me and we’ll move onto the recipe. TYSM for your understanding.
When you read this recipe, you might think “Paige, Rum and Cokes are usually made with dark rum!”, and you wouldn’t be wrong. But, I’m of the belief that there are no rules for anything and you can do whatever you want. Okay? Remember that the next time someone tells you that you can’t swim for 30 minutes after you eat. You jump in that pool! Make this Mixed Berry Coconut Rum and Coke with your Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum! You won’t be sorry.
If you still haven’t tried Blue Chair Bay Rum, bookmark this page and go get some right now, we’ll wait. They have 8 different varieties, including the most delicious rum creams you’ll ever try. For this recipe, I used their classic coconut rum, which is soooo smooth and delicious. Seriously, If I could get a candle with the scent of this rum, I totally would. If you didn’t know, Kenny Chesney started Blue Chair Bay after falling in love with the islands and desiring to bottle up everything he loved about them. It’s safe to say he succeeded.
Still looking for more rum recipes? Check out my Boozy Bananas Foster Milkshakes and Easy Faujito!
- [b]Mixed Berry Simple Syrup[/b]
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ounces Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
- 6 ounces cola
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed berries
- 2 tbsp Mixed Berry Simple Syrup
- Combine the berries, water, and sugar over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Let it cook for about 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Add the simple syrup to the jar of a blender and puree on high. Strain into a bowl to remove seeds, and cool.
- Fill a glass with crushed ice. Add 2 tablespoons mixed berry syrup and rum, then top it off with cola and additional berries. Serve immediately.