Treat your family and use up leftover candy with this spooky Monster Skillet Cookie that your ghosts and goblins will love this Halloween!
This post has been sponsored by Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Now that summer is over, we can officially start celebrating my favorite time of year: Halloween! This Skillet Monster Cookie is one of my favorite desserts to make when I’ve sneakily set aside my favorite chocolates on Halloween night.
Come October, my favorite place to be is the Halloween aisle at Walmart. To be honest, it’s usually decorated better than my home and they have everything you could possibly want. Even though there are rows of confections to choose from, I always head straight for my three favorites: M&M’S®, SKITTLES®, SNICKERS® candies. Thankfully, there’s always a Walmart conveniently located so that if I happen to run low on candy come Halloween, I can always run in and quickly get what I need. Chances are if I buy the candy more than a week out, I’ll definitely have to make another trip for more before the big day.
For this skillet cookie, I chose to use Fun Size M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, SKITTLES® & TWIX® candies from your local Walmart to get the perfect texture and amount of chocolate. I opted for M&M’S® candies for color, SNICKERS® bars for that hint of peanut and TWIX® bars for a crunch. Plus, you best believe I was munching on SKITTLES® candies the whole time I was baking. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it as a fun addition to your Halloween party dessert table. You could even whip it up after your spooky trick-or-treaters leave as a way to use up the rest of your candy. If you’re like me, you hide a small bowl for yourself so that you CAN make this after the ghosts and goblins have made their way home. There’s no shame in that! For more Halloween inspo, be sure to visit Walmart and pick up some Mars Seasonal Halloween Candies so that your home is the one that all the kiddos look forward to!
Check out my spooky Kitchen Sink Blondies for more Halloween fun!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups chopped Fun Size M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, & TWIX® candies from your local Walmart
- Place the butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Melt over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the cooled butter mixture. Stir until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix just until combined. Stir in the oats.
- Stir in the M&M’S® and chopped TWIX® and SNICKERS®. Spread the dough evenly in the skillet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure not to overbake. Serve warm or at room temperature.