Whenever you need a last-minute easy dish that everyone will love, this One-Pot Chicken Florentine Alfredo Bake will save the day, every single time.
Do you know those recipes that you always have in your bookmarks, saved to your favorite Pinterest board, or stuffed in your junk drawer? The ones that you need to have close by in case someone were to have a baby or get sick? This One Pot Chicken Florentine Alfredo Bake is definitely one of those recipes.
For starters, everyone loves chicken Alfredo, right? I have a fairly picky family and I’ve made this for them with very rave reviews. Full disclosure, I did leave out the spinach in those cases, which you could definitely do as well.
It’s also wonderful for customizing. Here are a few things you could do to turn this recipe into multiple different meals.
- Brown 1 lb andouille sausage with 1 cup peeled and deveined shrimp and 1 tbsp cajun seasoning. Swap out for the shredded chicken.
- Omit the chicken for 1 lb roasted veggies like bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, and butternut squash.
- Stir 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes before baking.
- Roast a head of garlic and substitute the fresh garlic for a sweeter nutty flavor.
- Swap the shredded chicken for browned Italian sausage and add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives.
- Add a few slices of crumbled cooked bacon and a couple of tablespoons of ranch seasoning.
Do you see? Those are just a few ways you can customize this dish for whomever you’re cooking it for!
The next time your uncle has surgery and you bring this baby over, you’re going to win niece or nephew of the year, for sure.
Craving something a little lighter? Try my Spring Vegetable Lemon Pasta!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 lb penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- To a large stockpot, add garlic, broth, heavy cream, and pasta; Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 15-20 min.
- Turn off heat and stir in shredded chicken, spinach, and 1 ½ cups of parmesan cheese. Taste, and season with salt and pepper accordingly.
- Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11×7 inch or 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella and ½ cup of parmesan.
- Broil 10 - 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown. Remove and sprinkle with fresh parsley.