Switch up your usual weekend brunch with this easy and delicious Open-Faced Waffle Monte Cristo. All you need now is a big mimosa!
This post has been sponsored by Waffle Waffle. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Growing up, there was one dish that I constantly made myself over and over when my parents were out. Somewhere along the way, I think I saw a Monte Cristo being made on the Food Network, and that became my go-to meal and my first foray into mixing sweet and savory flavors. This Open-Faced Waffle Monte Cristo is a recipe that my 14-year-old self would be very into.
There’s one piece of equipment in my kitchen that I can never bring myself to use… my waffle iron. Don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely waffle obsessed. But, my particular waffle iron is a hassle to use and clean and it’s just not worth it, tbh. Thankfully, I recently discovered a frozen waffle that delivers a restaurant-quality taste that’s totally accessible.
Waffle Waffle puts a unique spin on a traditional Liege-style Belgian waffle. They’re made brioche dough instead of a typical batter and it makes SUCH a difference to their texture and flavor. I can’t say enough about how delicious their Homestyle Frozen Waffles are. Not to mention the scent they leave behind in your kitchen is a-mazing.
Their Frozen Waffles come in Homestyle, Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Roll and Birthday Cake (YUM). Matt and I are cinnamon roll obsessed on the weekends, so that’s definitely going to be the flavor we check out next. They’re sold in over 1800 Walmart locations, so next time you’re getting groceries, be sure to pick up a box or two because they are outstanding!
Looking for a savory recipe? Try my Sausage and Spiralized Potato Everything Frittata!
- 4 Waffle Waffle Homestyle Frozen Waffles
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 slices deli roasted turkey
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tbsp strawberry or raspberry preserves
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove Waffle Waffle Homestyle Frozen Waffles from plastic wrappers and place on a baking sheet.
- Spread 1 tsp of dijon mustard on each waffle. Place one slice of deli roasted turkey, ham, and Swiss on each waffle, folding to fit the waffle, then secure with a toothpick. Top each Monte Cristo with 1 tbsp of preserves. Place in the oven to toast at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Finish by dusting the Monte Cristo’s with powdered sugar, serve immediately.