Sweet meets savory in these simple to make peach hand pies. Whip up a batch of this easy recipe and you’ll leave everyone wanting more!
It’s no secret that summer produce is something to be admired. Usually, my obsession lies somewhere between berries and melons, but this year, it’s fruits turn. The peaches have been… phenomenal.
You should probably expect to see a lot more peachy recipes before summer’s end! My first experiments were these incredibly sweet and savory Peach Brie Hand Pies with Thyme Honey.
This recipe only has 5 main ingredients, which means each and everyone needs to be of the utmost quality. We’ve already established that in-season peaches are a must, but the other ingredients are just as important.
Take the pie crust, for example. I loathe making dough from scratch, especially when I’m in a hurry. In those cases, I always turn to Wewalka Pie Crust. I first discovered Wewalka last year when I picked up their Bistro Pizza Dough for a homemade pizza.
I was immediately impressed with the brand and had to find out more about what they offer. One of my biggest cooking peeves is having to buy a box of double pie dough when I only need one. So, you can imagine how pleased I was when I discovered that the Wewalka Pie Crust comes in singles.
No more having one round of dough dry out because you only needed one, and if you are baking a double-crust pie, all you have to do is buy two. Genius! Not to mention, the crust tastes like you’ve kneaded your little heart out and used your grandma’s secret recipe.
For optimal results, your best bet is setting the pie dough out for about 15-20 min while you’re prepping the rest of the ingredients before unrolling. You’ll also find that the dough is rolled up in parchment paper, which you can conveniently use to line your baking sheet.
Check out their store locator to see where you can pick it up in your area!
P.S. this recipe is perfect for an unexpected 4th of July party dish. Pop it right between the charcuterie board and the pies and your friends won’t know whether to eat one for an appetizer or dessert! (I vote both)
What’s your go-to peach recipe? I see a lot of peaches in my future and I would love a few tried and true ways to use them up!
Check out my Boozy Peach-Blackberry Pie
- 1 sheet of Wewalka Pie Dough
- 3 peaches, peeled and pitted
- 1 wheel of Brie
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Flakey sea salt, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slightly roll and reshape the pie dough into a rectangle, making sure not to roll too thin. Cut into six squares.
- Cut the peaches into 1/4-inch slices.
- Remove the rind from the brie and slice into thin strips.
- Place a piece of brie on each square and then add several peach slices. Take 2 corners of the pastry and wrap up and over the peaches to enclose. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining squares. Brush each pie with egg.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the pies are baking, melt together the honey, butter, and thyme in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Serve the pies warm, drizzled with thyme honey, and sprinkled with flakey salt. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g