These Prosciutto Pizza Bombs are the perfect cheesy weekend treat! Say goodbye to cold and expensive pizza delivery and hello to this fun dish.
Hopefully, you’ve sufficiently recovered from your Thanksgiving binge of turkey and dressing. I seriously don’t want to look at turkey again for about 6 months, so I was more than happy to make these cheesy Prosciutto Pizza Bombs. They don’t involve Thanksgiving leftovers and they’re SOOOO good. I mean, look at that cheese… how could they be bad?
Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make. You can use homemade pizza dough, but I just picked up some of my favorite Trader Joe’s Garlic Herb Pizza Dough for time’s sake. They’re great for entertaining or just a fun way to spruce up pizza night. Maybe even a great snack on NYE with a bottle of Prosecco? I can’t wait to make these again with a different filling, let me know if you try them or adapt with your favorite pizza toppings!
- 16 oz pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 4 oz package sliced prosciutto
- Mozzarella cut into 16 1-inch cubes*
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Shredded parmesan cheese, for topping
- Marinara and pesto for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 16 1-oz pieces. Flatten each into a round with your palm.
- Place 1/2 a slice of prosciutto and 1 cube of mozzarella on each pizza round.
- Bring the edges up and over, pressing them together and being sure to leave no gaps for the filling to leak out. Arrange the pizza bombs in an oiled cast iron skillet or cake pan. If you have leftover mozzarella cubes, arrange them in between a few of the bombs for extra cheesiness.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Brush the butter mixture onto each pizza bomb and top with parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until browned
- Once pizza bombs are cool enough to handle, serve immediately with marinara sauce or pesto.
Top 10 Super Bowl Recipes of 2017 -
Saturday 18th of March 2017
[…] Proscuitto Pizza Bombs […]