Nothing says warm weather like fresh fruit! This Raspberry Galette with Coconut Whipped Cream is the perfect dessert to make for Easter and beyond!
This post is sponsored by Wewalka. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create unique content and recipes for you from readily accessible ingredients. All opinions are always my own.
When it comes to pie-making, I’m team galette all the way. There’s no stressing about making a perfect lattice or expertly crimped edges. With a galette, the more rustic, the better.
This Raspberry Galette with Coconut Whipped Cream could not be easier and, despite its simplicity, is beautiful!
One of the reasons this galette is so effortless is because I use Wewalka Pie Crust. I first discovered Wewalka last year when I picked up their Bistro Pizza Dough for a homemade pizza. I was immediately impressed with the brand and had to find out more about what they offer.
One of my biggest cooking peeves is having to buy a box of double pie dough when I only need one. So, you can imagine how pleased I was when I discovered that the Wewalka Pie Crust comes in singles.
No more having one round of dough go bad because you only need one. If you’re baking a double-crust pie, all you have to do is buy two! Not to mention, the crust tastes like you’ve kneaded your little heart out and used your grandma’s secret recipe.
For optimal results, set the pie dough out for about 15-20 min while you’re prepping the rest of the ingredients before unrolling. You’ll also find that the dough is rolled up in parchment paper, which you can conveniently use to line your baking sheet for this galette!!
Check out their store locator to see where you can pick it up in your area!
I love making whipped cream from canned coconut cream, but to do so, you need to place your can of coconut cream in the fridge for 24 hours before baking your galette.
If this isn’t an option, homemade whipped cream from heavy cream is great too! I just love how the hint of coconut pairs with the raspberries! If you do make traditional whipped cream, try adding a teaspoon of coconut extract!
Nothing says springtime like fresh fruit! This Raspberry Galette with Coconut Whipped Cream is the perfect dessert to make for Easter and beyond!
For the Galette
- 1 Wewalka Pie Crust
- 1 3/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 tsp of water
- Coconut chips, for garnish
For the Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 14-ounce can coconut cream, chilled in the fridge at least overnight
- 1/4 – 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Galette
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a bowl, mix the fresh raspberries with lemon zest, lemon juice, and brown sugar. Let the mixture macerate for about 30 minutes.
- Gently roll out the Wewalka Pie Crust on a cookie sheet, leaving the included parchment underneath.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the berries onto the pie crust about 1 1/2 inches from the edges, leaving the juices behind in the bowl.
- Gently fold the edges of the pie crust, overlapping the raspberries a little, crimping around as you go.
- Brush the crimped edge with the egg wash. Sprinkle the granulated sugar on the egg-washed edge.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes till the edges start turning golden brown.
- Let the galette cool down completely and top with coconut whipped cream and coconut chips. Serve.
- For the Coconut Whipped Cream
- Chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
- Remove the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind.
- Place hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until creamy and smooth – about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.