There’s no need to make a fussy pie in the summer when you can make an easy, quick and delicious Rhubarb Rose Galette instead!
Ok, guys — It’s almost the weekend. Praise be. Comment below if know what show that’s from. My sister-in-law is getting married this weekend, so I’m feeling all lovey-dovey. I wanted to play around with rose water and rhubarb and a galette just seemed like a great choice. Hence, this Rhubarb Rose Galette was born!
The morning after the wedding I’ll be flying to Wichita for a Kansas Beef Council Press trip, so let’s all hope the wedding hangover isn’t too bad. I’ve never been to Kansas so I have no idea what to expect! If you have any recommendations for coffee or anything like that, please let me know.
If you’ve never made a galette, you’re missing out on one of the easiest desserts out there. I mean, it’s basically a pie, but you just pour everything in the middle of the dough and fold the edges up. It’s incredible! I think that this one is best served warm from the oven with a hefty scoop of strawberry ice cream on top. Yummm.
Check out my Cardamom-Spiced Apricot Almond Galette!
- one store-bought or homemade pie crust
- 4 cups rhubarb sliced ½" thick
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp rosewater
- 1 large egg lightly beaten with a splash of water
- turbinado sugar, a couple of tablespoons
- serve with strawberry ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat.
- Place rhubarb in a large bowl and add sugar, cornstarch, salt, and rose water. Mix well until combined.
- Roll out pie dough to an 11" disc and place on the lined baking sheet. Place rhubarb in the middle of the pie crust leaving a 2" border. Fold dough over and pinch to enclose the rhubarb, leaving the center open.
- Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 35-40mins, until crust is golden and juices are bubbling.
- Cool on sheet for 10 mins. Slide off with parchment onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm with a scoop of strawberry Ice cream.