Looking for the perfect pie for your next gathering? This Salted Caramel Chocolate Pecan Pie is the perfect pie for your Thanksgiving Dinner!
Hello fellow foodies! I am coming to you today with a pie to end all pies. Have you ever seen a photo of a dish that just spoke to you? It is exactly what happened with this beautiful pie, sitting enticingly on the cover of a Southern Living magazine.
It was a glorious chocolate pie with perfectly spiraled pecans and topped with glistening, golden salted caramel. Once you see an image like that, it can’t be forgotten.
Since then I’ve made this pie quite a few times and it is always a big crowd-pleaser. This is definitely a dessert for chocolate-lovers!
You’ll notice when you take the pie out of the oven that it looks like you baked a brownie in a pie crust, and that’s essentially what it is.
In the words of my beloved Ina Garten, “How bad can that be?” Hopefully, you’ll enjoy making this one, because once you serve it, it’s going to be requested for holiday dinners from here on out.
Pie Crust- for this recipe I used a store-bought crust and it was phenomenal. If you’re in to order groceries and having them delivered head to instacart to sign up and get them delivered from your favorite stores!
How to Store
This pie, if not eaten in its entirety on day 1, will be enjoyed the next 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator. However, with a pie this good, you’ll be dreaming about it in your sleep!
Spice up this wonderful pie by using bourbon-soaked pecans. They can be found here: Peach Mint Julep + Candied Bourbon Vanilla Pecans
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup 100% cacao unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish piecrust shell
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare Filling: Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, stirring until well blended. Fold in chopped pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. (Filling will be loose but will set as it cools.) Remove from oven to a wire rack.
- Prepare Topping: Bring 3/4 cup sugar, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. (Do not stir.) Boil, swirling occasionally after sugar begins to change color, 8 minutes, or until dark amber. (Do not walk away from the pan, as the sugar could burn quickly once it begins to change color.) Remove from heat; add cream and 4
- Tbsp. butter. Stir constantly until bubbling stops and butter is incorporated (about 1 minute).
- Stir in table salt.
- Arrange pecan halves on the pie. Top with warm caramel. Cool 15 minutes; sprinkle with sea salt.