Skip the busy drive-thru in the morning and opt for these homemade cheesy Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Crescent Rolls instead! Make a batch of these, freeze them, and enjoy them all week long!
No need to spend money on an overpriced coffee shop breakfast because these Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Crescent Rolls will make your morning routine so much simpler!
How many times have you abandoned making breakfast at home because you knew that you could just stop at Starbucks on the way to work? This may be acceptable for special occasions, but in the long run, your daily habit could cost you upwards of $2,000 a year!
Um, I don’t know about you, but I can think of way better things to spend a couple of grand on. All you have to do is a little prep work and you could have breakfast ready for the whole week. Plus, who doesn’t love having a quick savory breakfast in the morning?
I spent years eating microwavable oatmeal when I got to work in the morning, and I would have loved to treat myself to these every now and then. If you are someone who goes to Starbucks, you may have seen something similar on their menu.
They do a ham and cheese croissant that you could easily recreate using the same method. In fact, you could do bacon and cheddar, ham and swiss, veggie and mozzarella. The possibilities are endless.
So, the next time you decide to hit the snooze button and make that (not s0) quick detour before work, make sure you also swing by the grocery store on the way home to get the ingredients to make these crescent rolls. Deal?
Try my Banana Cacao Oat Smoothie the next time you need breakfast in a hurry!
- 8 sausage links, cooked through
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used smoked gouda)
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1 (8 oz) container flaky crescent rolls
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp heavy cream
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Unroll each crescent roll with the widest end facing towards you. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over each one. Place a cooked sausage link on the wide end of the crescent roll, and a spoonful of scrambled eggs below that. Starting with the wide end, roll up the crescent roll as you normally would, tucking in any stray cheese or eggs as you go. Place on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Whisk together egg yolk and heavy cream. Brush the egg wash on top of the finished rolls and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g