This post is paid for by Sauza® Tequila
Hey y’all! It’s finally time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, so I teamed up with Sauza® Tequila to throw a little shindig for my friends, complete with a pitcher (or two!) of Sauza® Classic Margaritas with Strawberry Rhubarb Puree.
Since Cinco de Mayo is the biggest holiday for tequila, I couldn’t let the opportunity to create a pitcher-style margarita for my party pass me by. While it can be fun to play mixologist, when you’re having fun with friends at home, it’s nice to make a big pitcher of margaritas so you can relax and enjoy yourself. I decided that I wanted to go one step further and make things a little interactive. So, I whipped up a pitcher of classic margaritas AND a batch of strawberry-rhubarb puree to go alongside. This way, some guests can have a classic margarita, and some can add a spoonful of puree to their glass to switch things up.
No matter what kind of margarita I’m enjoying, I HAVE to have a ton of lime salt on the rim. I normally make my own, but Bespoke Provisions makes a tasty variety that makes entertaining even easier.
It’s just not Cinco de Mayo without lots of chips, guacamole, and salsa. I usually go for homemade simple guac and a salsa spread of pico de gallo, chipotle salsa and a hatch green chile salsa verde. You obviously need pretty epic chips to go along with those dips, and Paqui Tortilla Chips have always been my go-to. I loved the habanero flavor, the nacho cheese, and I’ve even been known to nosh on the ghost pepper. Oops.
No matter what snacks you choose to serve the margaritas are by FAR the most important part of your Cinco de Mayo celebration and you can’t go wrong with Sauza® Signature Blue Silver Tequila. It’s crafted at the renowned Sauza Distillery in Jalisco, Mexico and since it’s made with 100% blue weber agave, it’s perfect for authentic pitcher-style margaritas. Not to mention the price point is amazing for the quality that you get. That way, you can spend the rest of your hard earned money on things like beautiful Mexican-inspired textiles and serveware for your party.
I hope this post inspires you to throw a little fiesta of your own and responsibly enjoy a delicious Sauza® Classic Margarita! Let me know what kind of Cinco de Mayo plans you have below!
- 1½ cups Sauza® Signature Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- 1 cup Lime Juice
- ½ cup DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
- ½ cup simple syrup
- salt for rimming
- lime wheels for garnish
- Add ingredients to pitcher and stir. Pour over ice into margarita glasses. Garnish each with a lime wheel on the rim and serve. Salt rim is optional.
- All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 pound rhubarb stalks, cleaned and diced
- 1-quart strawberries, cleaned, hulled and halved
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat combine sugar and water. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add rhubarb and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Add strawberries and lemon juice and simmer for 10 minutes more. Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In batches, if necessary, puree mixture in a blender.
- Add a spoonful or two to your margarita, as desired.
Sauza® Blue Tequila, 40% alc./vol. ©2017 Sauza Tequila Import Company, Chicago, IL
Sauza® is a trademark of Jim Beam Brands Co. (“Beam”) and is used with permission. The information, comments and ideas expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Beam, its affiliated companies or any of their directors or employees.