You may be used to putting zucchini in sweet bread, but this Savory Italian Zucchini Bread is a version that you may not have tried before!
I thought that sweet zucchini bread would always be my thing, but that was until this Savory Italian Zucchini Bread came along.
As a rule, I’m more of a savory person than a sweet person. Put a bag of chips and a plate of cookies in front of me, and I’m going for the chips every time. Unless they’re chocolate chip cookies, then that’s a different story.
This bread is so good slathered with salty softened butter as a snack or alongside dinner. It’s got just the right amount of herbs running through it, with the occasional surprise of a chewy sundried tomato thrown it. It’s truly fantastic.
Normally I would tell you to squeeze out the excess moisture in the shredded zucchini, but here it adds extra moisture to the bread. So there’s one less step for you!
Be sure not to over mix the batter as well so the bread isn’t too tough.
I have quite a few other zucchini recipes on the blog for you to check them out, just type zucchini in the search bar and enjoy.
I actually used the same GIANT zucchini from the garden as did in my Zucchini Chocolate Chunk Breakfast Cookies and I still have a ton left.
Hallelujah for the summer growing season!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and garlic powder. Whisk to combine. Add the zucchini, parmesan, rosemary, parsley, and basil. Stir together.
- In separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sun dried tomatoes, and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Gently stir together just until moistened.
- Spoon into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely on a cooling rack..