This easy, fast, and healthy meal will be ready for you to devour in under 30 minutes. Don’t wait on this Sea Bass with Lemon Butter Caper Sauce!
Now that it’s back to school time (like, what?), super fast and healthy meals like this Sea Bass with Lemon Butter Caper Sauce are going to come in clutch on busy weeknights.
This meal is one that we have often, whether it’s with some sort of fish or chicken. I always have lemons on hand and I feel like a jar of capers lasts forever, so right there is a simple restaurant-quality meal that the whole family will love!
Fancy another fish recipe? Check out my Swordfish Provençal! But, only if you promise not to judge the horrible photos. 🙈
- 1.5 lbs sea bass fillets
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Generously salt the tops of fish fillets. They'll likely have skins on the bottom so you can leave those alone. Add flour to a long shallow dish. Coat the meaty side of the fish with flour and shake off excess, again, leaving the skin bare.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until rippling. Gently add the fillets, skin side up, to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn the fillets over, skin side down. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. After the fish is cooked through, using a spatula, carefully remove fillets to the plate.
- Turn the pan down to medium-low.
- Add capers, diced garlic, and lemon juice to the same pan with oil. Cook on medium-low heat for about 1 minute, until garlic softens a bit. Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter, off heat, to the caper sauce, stirring, until butter melts and forms a creamy mixture.
- Add fish back to the pan, spoon sauce over the fish, and serve.