I’m SO ready for spring! The weather around here has been absolutely beautiful as of late. By “absolutely beautiful”, I mean that it’s been solid 70 degrees throughout the week and 30’s on the weekend. Per the usual Kentucky spring guidelines. With that being said, it’s time for spring salad season and this Shaved Carrot Salad With Blood Orange Vinaigrette is a great start.
I start to crave seasonal produce more than anything this time of year and this salad is the perfect way to ease that craving. It’s a super simple salad consisting of mixed greens, apples, shaved trip-color carrots, goat cheese and a tangy blood orange vinaigrette. It takes just minutes to whip up and will keep you satisfied ALL afternoon.
Let me know if you have any go-to spring salad recipes that you love. Enjoy!
- 4 cups of mixed greens (I used baby spinach, baby kale and arugula)
- 3 carrots, shaved with a vegetable peeler (I used tri-color organic carrots)
- 1 small apple, cut in half and sliced thin
- 2 oz of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Blood Orange, juiced and zested
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Layer greens on a medium sized platter. Top with shaved carrots, apple slices, shallot and goat cheese.
- Blend all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender until combined. Slowly stream in the olive oil through the hole in the lid of your blender, while blending on low.
- Dress your salad as lightly or heavily as you like. You will more than likely have dressing leftover. You can store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.