I love eggs! I could literally eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This is where the always yummy, Shrimp, Asparagus, and Gruyere Quiche comes into play!
It is a great way to use up random bits of vegetables, herbs, and meats that you have lying around. This dish is so delicious and is perfect for a brunch or an easy dinner accompanied with a salad.
Shrimp, Asparagus, and Gruyere Quiche
Looking for a savory quiche idea for dinner? This Shrimp, Asparagus, and Gruyere Quiche will wow any dinner!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup chopped shallots
- 12 asparagus tips, trimmed to 4 inches
- 1 1/2 cups small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Bake crust until light golden brown, about 17 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté until shrimp is tender and just pink about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate; spread out to cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl to blend. Stir in 1 cup gruyere cheese and shrimp/shallot mixture. Pour filling into crust.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over quiche and arrange asparagus tips around the top.
- Bake quiche until puffed, golden brown, and just set in center, about 50 minutes. Cool 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.
I used a frozen pre-made crust already in a pan, but you can make your own or use a store-bought and roll in out and put it in your own dish.
Sunday 2nd of January 2022
Delicious!Definitely requires a deep dish crust.
Saturday 8th of January 2022
Thursday 7th of October 2021
It would be helpful to know what size pie plate to use.
Saturday 14th of August 2021
Too much salt! And the pan needs to be sprayed with Pam or something. Too long for baking the pie crust in advance.
Sunday 9th of May 2021
Made my ne with my own crust. Added crab instead of shrimp. Also added bacon. Did mine with 6 egg as well. Nice and full just added 7 more minutes to the bake.
Tuesday 11th of May 2021
Sounds amazing! I love the addition of the crab. I'll have to give it a go!
Sunday 6th of August 2017
I made this twice. Delicious, but I felt like it needed a little more flavor 2nd time around I added bacon, & scallops so I had a little mixture left over I froze it for an omelet ! So ...good !
Sunday 6th of August 2017
Wow, Mikki. That's a great variation, sounds amazing. I'll have to give it a go!