Warm weather is the perfect time for grazing and light meals outside. This Simple Summer Snack Board is so easy to throw together and so delicious!
Once summer arrives, I’m much more into grazing and snacking than sitting down for a huge meal. If you were to put this Simple Summer Snack Board in front of me at a party, I’d definitely get my fill there instead of with a burger or hot dog. Okay, maybe I’d go for both.
There’s simply nothing better than in-season produce and this platter is full of it. Sweet berries, juicy stone fruit, crisp vegetables, and all the best-supporting characters. As for the cheeses go, for a summer platter, I like to opt for cheeses like feta, halloumi, chevre, and fresh mozzarella instead of heavier cheeses like brie or port salut, which I love on winter boards. Proscuitto and salami are non-negotiable in my book ;).
Get more snack board inspo on Pinterest!
Alternate Summer Snack Board Ingredients
- Pickled Beets
- Mini Bell Peppers
- Celery Sticks
- Grilled Baby Eggplant
- Blanched Green Beans
- Grilled Summer Squash
- Goat Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Parmesan Crisps
- Multigrain Crackers
How to store
If making ahead, assemble and cover the platter with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving. I would recommend saving the grilling portion until right before. Remove the platter from the fridge 30 minutes before serving and add grilled food, and then drizzle the hummus with olive oil.
Take your time crafting the perfect snack board! You want the board to be visually balanced with color as well as weight (if that makes sense). I like to start with “heavier” items like the raw carrots and larger pieces of fruit and cheese. I try to mirror items on the board but not make it perfectly symmetrical and fill in any holes with fresh herbs, nuts, or berries. If all else fails, you can always look at a photo you like and copy from that!
More summer snack recipes you’ll love!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Take a browse around the site and please let me know if you make anything by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or requests!
- 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup mixed Greek olives
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup peppadew peppers
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- 8 oz halloumi, sliced in 1/4 inch planks
- 4 oz baby zucchini, halved lengthwise
- assorted meats - such as salami and prosciutto
- assorted summer fruit - such as berries, sliced stone fruits, and melon
- assorted raw veggies - such as cherry tomatoes and carrots
- assorted nuts
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- fresh herbs, for serving (I like dill and basil for summer!)
- Spoon hummus into a decorative bowl. Swirl the top and drizzle with olive oil. Combine the olives, feta, and peppadew peppers in a medium decorative bowl. Add the two bowls to a large platter on opposite ends.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to high and spray with cooking spray. Season zucchini with salt and pepper and place cut side down on the grill, placing the sliced halloumi alongside. Grill zucchini and halloumi, turning halfway, for 5 minutes, until grill marks appear. When you press on the cheese, it should be soft but not runny.
- Begin arranging the board around the two bowls. I like to make sure everything is balanced to the eye and fill in any gaps with herbs, nuts, or small fruit like blueberries.
See notes above for additional tips.