Fresh produce, great cheese, and a stellar vinaigrette make this Simple Zucchini Salad a show-stopper, whether it’s for your lunch or an easy side.
Some recipes I make are so easy, I often wonder if they even warrant a blog post. Practically every time I cook, Matt asks me if this recipe is a blog post, and often, the answer is no. Sometimes I think I take for granted that it’s easy for me to come up with flavor combinations, and it truly isn’t that straightforward for a lot of people. So, I bring you this Simple Zucchini Salad that almost wasn’t a blog post.
Since being in quarantine I’ve developed an obsession… with dill, of all things. I literally want to put it on everything. On the next cooler day, I’m definitely making Alison Roman’s Lemony Chicken Soup with Fennel and Dill. I used to think I didn’t like dill but I was very very wrong. Do you have any herbs that you hate or love? I know cilantro can be polarizing but I love it as well!
This summer, when your gardens are overflowing with zucchini and corn, you know what to do! Whip up this salad, ASAP!
NEXT UP: Try my Spring Pea Cobb Salad!
- 3 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 shallot, sliced (red onion is pictured here, which can be substituted)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Juice from one lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- Finely shave the zucchini with either a vegetable peeler or on a mandolin.
- Combine the zucchini, corn, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, taking care not to break the zucchini ribbons. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place the zucchini in a bowl or plate.
- Toast the pine nuts over medium heat in a non-stick pan for five minutes or until the nuts are golden brown.
- Top the zucchini with the toasted pine nuts, goat cheese, and dill. Serve immediately.