There’s nothing like a grilled cheese and a cup of soup to usher in colder weather. This Smoked Turkey, Gouda, Apple Grilled Cheese is perfect for fall!
Can you believe this is the first grilled cheese sandwich I’ve shared on the blog? I thought for sure that there was one that I’d forgotten about in the depths of the archives, but no… this Smoked Turkey, Gouda and Apple Grilled Cheese is the first to grace these hallowed pages.
Let me tell you, it couldn’t come at a better time. The weather is starting to change, football is all anyone can talk about, and Halloween is right around the corner. You’ll no doubt be making plenty of Roasted Tomato Basil Soup and you’ll need a proper grilled cheese for dunking. I chose to up the protein-factor in this recipe with a little help from a thick-sliced turkey.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 slices of wheat sourdough bread
- 4 slices Prime Fresh Delicatessen Smoked Turkey Breast
- 4-6 oz smoked Gouda
- 1/2 of Honeycrisp apple, sliced thinly
- A handful of baby kale
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While the butter is melting, divide half of the cheese between two slices of bread and layer 2 slices of Prime Fresh Delicatessen Smoked Turkey Breast, half of the apple slices, and kale in the middle. Repeat for second grilled cheese.
- Grill each sandwich on both sides until all cheese is melted. Serve immediately.