This Southwestern Chicken Naan Pizza is perfect for lunch or a quick weeknight dinner. Plus, your meal will be ready in under 30 minutes!
I’d be lying if I said that pizza wasn’t one of my top five favorite foods. I mean, I know that pretty much everyone loves it, but in my house pizza is it’s own food group. Seriously, how many dishes can you eat as an appetizer, breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
This Southwestern Chicken Naan Pizza is my go-to for lunch because the size is perfect for one. Okay maybe two, but for me, it’s one.
As much as I love pizza, my husband likes it even more. Shocking, I know. But if we’re ever having a debate on what to eat for dinner, his answer will unequivocally be “Pizza”. For this reason, I’m constantly looking for ways to up my pizza game from one meal to the next.
One of my favorite pizzas of all time is my Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza With Dill Pickle Aioli. If you haven’t tried that you HAVE to check it out. That pizza is made with traditional pizza crust, while this pizza is quickly thrown together on a prepared naan flatbread.
I love making naan pizzas for lunch in particular because the process is SO quick. It’s already cooked so all you have to do is make sure the bottom gets crispy and the cheese gets melted… and you’re done!
You could even use shredded rotisserie chicken if you have that lying around. Then this would take like, 15 minutes — tops. You’re welcome.
That drizzle tho. ???
I’m interested in what your favorite pizza toppings are! Leave me a comment letting me know and I promise not to judge you if one of them is pineapple.
- 2 Prepapared naan flatbreads (I like whole wheat from Stonefire)
- 1/4 cup fire roasted salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1/2 poblano pepper diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook in a pan over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Spoon fire roasted salsa evenly over the naan flatbreads. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with chicken, poblano peppers, corn, and black beans. Place on a cookie sheet or pizza stone and back or 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- While flatbreads is baking, whisk together lime juice, zest, and sour cream. When flatbread is finished baking, top with avocado, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with lime crema and serve immediately.
These pizzas typically serve 4 as an appetizer or 2 as an entree. Also, it depends on how hungry you are, TBH.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 506mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g