And just like that… it’s almost the 4th of July. Why summer is in such a hurry to go, I don’t know, but it needs to take a chill pill. Or have a Sparkling Hibiscus Berry Cocktail or two.
When it comes to making cocktails, vodka is my liquor of choice. You can pair it with just about anything.
Just like SVEDKA, this recipe is affordable, on-trend, and easily accessible. I started this recipe by brewing hibiscus berry tea and sweetening it with simple syrup. When that cooled, I added the vodka and chill in the fridge.
After MUCH anticipation, I poured it over a ton of ice, threw in some fresh berries and topped it with lemon sparkling water for a little fizz. Um, hi, can we talk about how refreshing this is?
It has SO much flavor and is perfect for the Fourth of July (and the rest of summer TBH). You seriously have to try this.
- 4 hibiscus berry tea bags
- 1 quart of water
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
- 12 oz lemon sparkling water
- In a heat-proof pitcher, brew hibiscus berry tea bags with 1 quart of boiling water for 4 minutes. Discard the tea bags and allow the tea to come to room temp.
- Add the simple syrup, vodka, and berries to the tea and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, fill your glass with ice and fill 3/4 full of the hibiscus berry vodka mix. Top with lemon sparkling water and enjoy immediately!
To make simple syrup, simmer equal parts sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool completely.