This Spring Pea Cobb Salad with Glazed Pecans should be at the top of your list of salads to make this spring and summer!
Spring has officially shown its beautiful face and with it comes all of the fresh and flavorful salads that we all love so much. I, for one, couldn’t be more thrilled.
This Spring Pea Cobb Salad with Glazed Pecans is one of my favorites for entertaining because it’s packed with crave-worthy ingredients like glazed pecans! Ready to step up your own salad game?
I’m of the opinion that every spring get-together needs to include a salad or two. My number one tip for enticing everyone to put a little bit on their plate (even salad haters) is adding something sweet and crunchy, like Glazed Pecans. Who wouldn’t want to try a salad that’s studded with the sweet and salty essence of Emerald Glazed Pecans? Not only are they incredibly tasty, but they’re also a nutritious AND delicious addition to your spring dishes. I also love adding them to my spring charcuterie boards for an unexpected twist on traditional nuts.
My second tip is to make your salad as colorful as possible. It’s true that you eat with your eyes first, so adding plenty of color from beautiful seasonal produce is key. Vibrant cherry tomatoes, bright jade spring peas, and creamy avocado will lure just about anyone in. Truth be told, you shouldn’t have any trouble getting this mouth-watering salad to fly off the platter. I’m sharing my creamy blue cheese dressing recipe to go alongside, but I’d also recommend putting out a simple olive oil and vinegar dressing as an alternative.
What’s your go-to spring salad recipe? I also love to serve my Melon Prosciutto Salad with Mint Basil Vinaigrette when summer gets closer!
For the Salad
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 8 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs cut in quarters lengthwise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados sliced
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 fresh spring peas or defrosted frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Emerald Glazed Pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives for garnish
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl or on a large platter. Arrange the bacon, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, avocado slices, crumbled cheese, peas and Glazed Pecans in sections over the greens. Garnish with chives and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with homemade blue cheese dressing.
- For the Dressing
- In a small bowl, mash blue cheese and yogurt together with a fork.
- Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.