These sweet and spicy Strawberry Jalapeño Baby Back Ribs are perfect for your Memorial Day Weekend or 4th of July barbecue bash!
Can you believe that this is my first recipe for ribs after 4 years of blogging and almost 2 years of working with Curly’s? I’d say it’s way overdue! To make up for it, I’m bringing you these tender, sweet, and spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Baby Back Ribs that will stun at your next barbecue.
Since Memorial Day is this weekend, it’s the perfect opportunity to fire up the grill and serve up your best dishes to friends and family while soaking up the sun. Cooking ribs can be intimidating to a lot of people, and for good reason! It can be confusing on how to prep the ribs and whether you need to smoke them or not. In my opinion, you’re better off letting Curly’s do all of the hard work for you! Their baby back ribs are FAB by themselves, but I like to take them up a notch with some unexpected flavors. If you’ve never had the combination of strawberry and jalapeno, you’re sorely missing out. One of my favorite cocktails is a strawberry jalapeno margarita so that’s what I based this recipe on! Trust me, the combination of sweet and spicy in the glaze is so great paired with the tender smoked Curly’s ribs!
Are you looking to go on a relaxing summer trip? Lucky for you, Curly’s is hosting a $10,000 Sizzling Summer Sweepstakes! You can visit Curlys.com/sweeps to enter for a chance to win $10,000! The sweepstakes lasts from until June 10 so make sure you enter soon! The Grand Prize is one $10,000 check, and the prizewinner has the option to use the funds to travel to his/her destination of choice. You don’t want to miss out on this chance!
Don’t forget that you can find Curly’s in the refrigerated meat case of your local grocery store. I always pick mine up at Kroger, but you can check out their store locator to find out where it’s stocked close to you!
Need more BBQ inspo? Check out my Fried Green Tomato and Bourbon BBQ Crostini!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, diced (remove seeds if you don’t like things too spicy)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¾ cup cola
- ¾ cup strawberry preserves
- 1 24 oz. package Curly’s Baby Back Pork Ribs
- Sliced jalapeno and strawberries to garnish, if desired.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, and garlic and saute until fragrant and tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in cola, and strawberry preserves. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer 6-8 minutes thickened. Set aside.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium. Remove ribs from package and place on grill. Brush with strawberry jalapeno glaze and grill for 10 minutes. Rotate ribs and brush with more glaze. Grill for an additional 10-15 minutes as needed. Garnish with sliced jalapeno and strawberries, if desired.