Happy almost 4th of July! For me, it’s not officially summer until this patriotic holiday comes around. Cocktails will be in full swing this weekend, and lately my liquor of choice has been tequila, specifically this Strawberry Tequila Sour. I’m typically a bourbon gal, but when the weather gets hotter and I’m laying by the pool, tequila is where it’s at. This cocktail mixes ripe strawberries, coconut water, and sour limes to create the perfect refreshing treat. I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday, enjoy responsibly!
Also if you’re not already following me on Instagram, what are you dong with your life!? You know you want to see pictures of every single thing I eat…..
Recipe adapted from Serious Eats.
- 7 ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 oz of simple syrup
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1 oz coconut water
- 2 oz tequila
- Crushed ice to serve
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle strawberries, simple syrup, lime juice, and coconut water until the strawberries almost look pureed.
- Add tequila and fill 2/3 full with ice.
- Shake until very chilled and well mixed, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into serving glass filled 2/3 full with crushed ice.