I am a member of an elite society known as appetizer lovers anonymous. That’s why I’m giving you Stuffed Blueberry Brie Monkey Bread. We pay yearly dues consisting of cocktail shrimp and cheese balls and we meet once a week to discuss what is new in the appetizer world.
In all seriousness, I would rather have a meal of finger foods than to sit down to a plate full of ham and mashed potatoes. Thus, I bring you the ULTIMATE finger food…monkey bread. This isn’t just any monkey bread either, it’s savory monkey bread stuffed with brie and blueberry jam. *drops mic* It’s cheesy, it’s bready, it’s sweet and it’s salty. So, basically it’s perfect and you should make it for your next holiday party.
- 2 cans of buttermilk biscuits
- 2 8 oz wheels of brie
- 1/2 cup jam of your choice (I used blueberry lemon)
- 1.5 sticks of butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chopped parsley and pecans to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray or lightly butter a bundt pan.
- Open the cans of biscuits and slice in fourths. Open the brie (slicing off the outer coating if you wish), and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Take each fourth of the biscuit and flatten on a cutting board, making a circle. Add a rounded 1/2 tsp full of jam to the center of each round. Add a square of brie on top of that.
bring all of the edges up and pinch together to close around the filling. Set aside while you continue filling all of the biscuits.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, salt, and garlic powder. Pour 1/3 of the butter mixture into the bottom of the bundt pan. Arrange half of the the biscuit balls in the pan on top of the melted butter, then pour over the 2nd 1/3 of the butter.
- Add the rest of the biscuit balls on top and finish with the rest of the melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 mins until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and pecans.