Utilize that grill while you can! This Summer Shrimp and Sweet Corn Grilled Pizza is full of seasonal veggies and creamy burrata!
Don’t put up those grills just yet! This Summer Shrimp and Sweet Corn Grilled Pizza is the perfect way to use up the fresh bounty of the end of the season.
I have to admit, with the whole having a baby thing, I haven’t utilized my grill this summer like I normally do. For one, I’m pretty much out of propane and it’s too much of a hassle to go get more, tbh. Secondly, it’s just been so hot, and the heat from pregnancy and the grill don’t mix. I know I’m not selling grilling very much, but what I’m saying is that I’ve missed it! Now that we’re home from the hospital and things are (sort of) getting back to normal, I had to make one of my favorite grilled meals… pizza.
This pizza has all of my favorite summer produce, tomatoes, fresh corn, and basil. Add some shrimp and creamy Burrata to the mix and you’re in business! Obviously, you can use this method with any toppings you want, but I love keeping things seasonal.
- 1 ball of pizza dough, homemade or storebought
- 2 ears of corn, husked and cut off the cob (you could sub 1 cup frozen corn)
- ½ lb cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail-off
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup Castelvetrano olives
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 balls of Burrata
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Brush the grill with a bit of oil.
- Shape the dough into 2 medium pizzas while on a clean floured surface. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured pizza peel.
- Slide the pizza dough directly onto the hot grill. Grill the dough for about 2 minutes with the lid closed. Using a pair of tongs, lift the lid, and flip the dough over onto the other side and cook for about 2 minutes more. The dough should be golden brown with grill marks on both sides.
- Once the dough is cooked, remove it from the grill and place it back onto the baking sheet.
- Brush olive oil over the pizza and scatter the burrata cheese all over the bottom. Sprinkle with corn,s shrimp, tomato, olives, and basil. Season with salt and pepper and cut into pieces wedges. Serve immediately.