There’s no reason to have to grab a stale granola bar on your way out the door. Whip up these Tex-Mex Freezer Breakfast Burritos and you’ll have a hearty quick breakfast every morning!
This post has been sponsored by Seattle’s Best Coffee®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When I say that meal planning has become a necessity since having kids, I’m not playing around. Even though I work from home, I found that it’s so much easier to get out of the house or stick to our routine when I have a few meals ready to go in the fridge.
We talk a lot about self-care these days, and one way I try to do that is to have a steaming cup of coffee every morning at home.
Even on the craziest of days, sitting down for five minutes with my Portside Blend® K-Cup® pods coffee helps my mornings go so much smoother.
In addition to my daily cuppa, I love waking up and knowing that I don’t have to worry about getting breakfast ready from scratch. Seriously, these breakfast burritos are a game-changer.
They’re hearty and nutritious, full of amazing breakfast flavor, and paired with the Portside Blend® K-Cup® pods, they’ll fuel you all day long and help get the day started off on the right foot. Plus, they’re pretty customizable!
If you don’t want chorizo, you can substitute for regular breakfast sausage or add in any sautéed veggies you like!
The Portside Blend® K-Cup® pods are a Medium Roast that is deep, well-rounded, and smooth. Seriously, it’s one of the few coffees that I can enjoy totally cream-free.
This is because Seattle’s Best Coffee is smooth roasted and their signature roast brews up a smooth, full-flavored cup of coffee.
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup half and half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Cook hash browns according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble as it cooks; drain excess fat, reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Add eggs to the skillet and cook, whisking, until they just begin to set. Gently whisk in half and half; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- Spoon beans down centers of tortillas; top with hash browns, chorizo, eggs, cheeses, tomatoes, and cilantro. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up, burrito-style. Place, seam-sides down, onto prepared baking sheet; cover.
- Place into oven and bake until heated through about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cover each burrito tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Freeze up to 1 month.
- To reheat frozen burrito, microwave for 4-6 minutes, turning halfway, or bake at 400 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until completely cooked through. Serve with Portside Blend® K-Cup® pods!