Today is a great day. It’s finally cool out, there’s not a cloud in the sky and this Thai Broccoli Salad With Spicy Almond Dressing is on the menu for lunch.
Working from home is both a blessing and a curse. I love that I get to eat most of my meals at home, which is both healthier and more cost effective than the alternative. However, because I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, I tend to stick to snacky stuff for lunch (hummus FTW). This is not acceptable. So, I’ve been trying to make big salads like this one at the beginning of the week so I can keep it in the fridge and dole out as I please. I love love love Thai flavors and I find that this dressing just makes me want to eat all the veggies. Seriously, I could eat it off of a shoe.
Do you do any meal prep? Let me know what recipes you like to make so you can eat healthy all week long. Enjoy!
Yummmmmm. That dressing tho.
- 4 tsp almond butter
- 1tsp - 1tbsp Sriracha sauce (depending on your spice tolerance)
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 6 cups fresh raw broccoli florets
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 4-5 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss thoroughly to combine. I like to use clean hands to really work the dressing into the florets. Just take a couple minutes and make sure the veggies are totally coated. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. I think it's best the next day!
Adapted from Little Broken Chopped Kale Salad With Peanut-Chili Vinaigrette