Banish lunchtime monotony with this healthy and flavorful Thai Shrimp Salad with Coconut Lime Dressing that’ll make all of your co-workers jealous!
Are you starting to head back to work? If so, I feel for you… I really do. One way to jazz yourself up a little bit to get back into a routine is to make sure you’re excited about your meals while you’re at work.
This Thai Shrimp Salad with Coconut Lime Dressing is perfect for meal prepping and the excitement of eating it will get you through the morning until lunchtime!
When I worked in an office, it made the day go by so much faster if I had food-related things to look forward to (sad, I know).
A new creamer flavor would get me jazzed to get to work and have coffee, just as much as my favorite leftovers would get me through to the afternoon. It may sound crazy, but you should try it.
If you are going back to work after these crazy times, stay safe, and know that you’re appreciated! Big props to you if you’re an essential worker that’s been working this whole time.
I have loads of nurses in my family who’ve had to continue working, and Matt (who works in e-commerce) has been at work this whole time as well. We salute you!
Ingredients & Subs
Avocado oil — Any mild-flavored oil would work fine!
Shrimp — Pick your protein! Chicken or tofu are both delish subs.
Vermicelli noodles — Feel free to omit or use brown rice noodles instead
Romaine lettuce — Use a mix of your fave greens! I actually incorporated some mixed greens into mine as well. I like the crunch of the romaine but you could also swap for some iceberg as well if you wish.
Fresh cilantro — Fresh mint or basil are amazing here as well.
Chopped peanuts — Try chopped cashews!
Unsweetened coconut milk — Get the kind in a can! If you can’t do coconut milk, you could always try buttermilk for more of a limey ranch situation.
Fish sauce — Feel free to omit but I highly recommend for optimal flavor!
How to store
The dressing can be made ahead and chilled in the fridge. Re-whisk before serving. You can prep all of the veggies prior to serving by chopping and storing separately from the shrimp, dressing, and peanuts!
Try meal prepping this for your lunches for the week! The recipe is easily doubled to make five lunch-sized servings. Just be sure to store the dressing, veggies, shrimp, and peanuts separately to avoid sogginess!
More Thai(ish) recipes you’ll love!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Take a browse around the site and please let me know if you make anything by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or requests!
- [b]For the Salad[/b]
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp everything seasoning
- 2 bundles vermicelli noodles, prepared according to package directions, drain and rinse
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- [b]For the Dressing[/b]
- 6 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 5 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp finely grated shallot
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the 2 tbsp avocado oil. Add the shrimp, season with salt, pepper, and everything seasoning. Sear on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear another minute.
- Add romaine to a large serving bowl. Pile on the vermicelli noodles, shrimp, tomatoes, carrots, avocado, bell pepper, cilantro, and crushed peanuts. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- Whisk coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, shallot, and brown sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Gradually add oil, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- Serve drizzled over Thai Shrimp Salad. Serve Immediately.