Summertime is upon us, which means camping and bonfires a plenty. S’mores are the quintessential fireside dessert and I for one am a HUGE fan. The smell is absolutely heavenly (B&BW Marshmallow Fireside is my FAVE winter candle) and the marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker combo is possibly the best tasting thing ever. The only issue for me is that they’re soooo messy. No one likes sticky fingers, especially when you’re camping and don’t have immediate access to soap and water. Plus, there’s the whole fire thing. They’re unreliable and unpredictable, so you may get a charred marshmallow or no toasted marshmallow at all. The solution to this is making a portable s’more dessert that is easy, mess-free and safe. This is where Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Fudge comes in.
? It’s perfect for whipping up right before you go camping so you have a little something sweet to have by the fire.
Is there anything more beautiful? I can practically smell those marshmallows through my laptop screen.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 7 oz. marshmallow cream
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Scoop the marshmallow cream into a medium heat-proof bowl. Using a culinary hand torch, toast the top of the marshmallow cream. Stir and repeat toasting three more times, stirring after each toast. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix the sugar, evaporated milk and butter.
- Heat at medium/high until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a steady simmer/boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the toasted marshmallow cream and chocolate chips. Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 pan and top with graham cracker crumbs. Cool for 2-3 hours before cutting into squares and serving.