You don’t need a bonfire or camping trip to make these drool-worthy Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Rice Krispie Treats for your friend
You might be thinking, “If I’ve seen one s’mores recipe, I’ve seen ’em all!”. Yes, there are troves of s’mores dessert variations on the internet, but I’m here to tell you that there’s definitely room for more! These Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Rice Krispie Treats are so close to addicting, you might just have to hide them from yourself.
I’ve been testing out a few different rice krispie treats over the last few weeks and some turned out better than others. When I first started my testing, I used marshmallows from Trader Joe’s with hopes of keeping the dessert slightly more “natural”.
Let me tell you, that’s not the way to go when you’re wanting that classic rice krispie treat flavor and texture. You’ll have to go straight up Jet-Puffed if you’re wanting the best you can get. The idea for the s’mores rice krispies came when I saw a box of Golden Grahams in the grocery store.
A light bulb went off, and I immediately had to figure out a way to use them in a s’mores dessert. So, here we are! I reckon these are in my top 3 favorite dessert recipes I’ve ever made here on the blog. they’re smokey like a burnt marshmallow should be, they’re perfectly sweet, chewy, and slightly crunchy.
Now, the way I toasted the marshmallows is by placing them in the pot with the melted butter as you normally would with rice krispie treats, then I torched them right in the pot so I didn’t have to transfer them.
It worked perfectly! If you don’t have a kitchen torch, I highly highly recommend them. It’s not like I use it everyday, but it’s one of my favorite kitchen tools, by far. You could pour out the marshmallows on a buttered foil-lined baking sheet and broil them in the oven.
Just make sure you keep a watchful eye on them because it’ll take no time for them to brown. Then, you can just transfer them right into the pot with the butter. Please try these out, they’re so delicious and perfect for a summer BBQ!
Try out my S’mores Angel Food Cake!
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) Mini Marshmallows + optional 1/2 cup for stirring in at the end
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 2 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- 1 cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips + more for topping
- In a 9×9 inch baking pan, spray with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick pot over medium heat, melt butter, then turn off the heat. Add in marshmallows and then torch with a kitchen torch until sufficiently blackened to your liking. Return the heat to medium and stir together with butter until marshmallows have melted and become creamy. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Fold in rice krispie and grahams cereals until all marshmallows and grahams are evenly mixed together. Mix in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips and an additional 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows, if desired. Spread treats into prepared baking pan. Press into pan and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top of the treats and even more mini marshmallows, lightly press into the top of treats to make sure they stick. Torch the top of rice krispie treats to blacken the marshmallows. Place into the fridge for 10 minutes to cool. Cut, then serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g