These rich and fudgy Triple Chocolate Peppermint Brownies are going to be the star of your next Christmas cookie exchange. Packed full of chocolate, these easy brownies are the perfect Christmas late-night snack!
Generally speaking, my favorite types of cooking revolve around savory dishes. There IS an exception to this rule, and it happens to come between the months of October and January. The holiday baking season is my absolute favorite, and I’m so excited to be kicking it off with these fudgy Triple Chocolate Peppermint Brownies!
Where I live in Louisville, Ky, I’m surrounded by amazing Kroger grocery stores. No matter which direction of town I’m coming from or going to, there’s a Kroger close by that I know has everything I need. Recently, I’ve been taking advantage of Kroger’s ClickList feature, which allows you to order your groceries online and pick them up at the store.
Not only does this save me a ton of time, but it also allows me to get everything I need without forgetting a vital ingredient OR grabbing a bunch of items I don’t need. I’m lucky enough to work from home, so my shopping schedule is fairly flexible. I can only imagine what a huge help this is for folks who have a 9-5 job.
You could order your groceries on your lunch break and request for them to be ready at 5:30 when you’re on your way home. How perfect is that?! All you have to do is pull into the designated ClickList loading spot and you’ll be back on the road in no time. I know when it comes to the holiday cooking season, I always have a ton of random groceries that I need at any given time.
I literally have to go down every single aisle and it takes me hours. No kidding. I can’t tell you what a lifesaver this service is.
Check out my Chocolate Fudge Caramel Swirl Brownies!
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I used a mix of white chocolate, semi-sweet, and bittersweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8 inch pan or line with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and 2 ounces of chopped chocolate. Melt in 30-second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth. You can also do this on a double boiler. Whisk in the sugar until completely combined, then whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and chocolate chips. Fold it all together with a rubber spatula. The batter will be very thick. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then test the brownies with a toothpick. Insert it into the center of the pan. If it comes out with wet batter, the brownies are not done.
- If there are only a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done. Keep checking every 2 minutes until you have moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Cover and store leftover brownies at room temperature for up to 1 week.