You haven’t lived until you’ve had a tater tot nacho and these Vegan Tex-Mex Jackfruit Totchos are the perfect place to start!
This post is sponsored by The Jackfruit Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own
I’ve said it before, but I’m a meat-eater that loves to dabble in all things vegetarian and vegan. I’ve never been one to limit myself, and I think that it’s important to cater to everyone who reads my blog. That means, the occasional meat-free recipe! Truth be told, if you didn’t know that these Vegan Tex-Mex Jackfruit Totchos were vegan, you may not have ever realized it thanks to the jackfruit.
My interest in Jackfruit started back in early 2017 when I still worked for Brit + Co. I had read an article about what food trends would be popular in 2017 and jackfruit was at the top of the list. I pitched the idea for a jackfruit recipe round-up to my editors and they loved the idea. A week later, Jackfruit is the Newest Superfood You NEED in your Kitchen was published. Within the last tw0 years, jackfruit popularity has only gained steam. What was once a hard-to-find specialty item is now readily available in most grocery stores!
I’ve had the opportunity to try several variations, and The Jackfruit Company has won my heart. You may have seen jackfruit on the grocery store shelves in a can packed in brine. If this is what has turned you off from trying jackfruit, you’re in luck! Unlike most jackfruit products, The Jackfruit Company’s jackfruit never goes into brine or syrup. Instead, it goes straight from the farm to the pan which means the taste and texture are not negatively altered. Plus, their jackfruit comes in amazing flavors, like BBQ, Teriyaki, Lemon Garlic, and Tex-Mex, which I used in this recipe! I’ve found it at my local Kroger and Whole Foods, but check out their store locator to see where you can find it near you. A few days ago, my best vegetarian friend posted a frame on her Instagram stories about making The Jackfruit Company BBQ Jackfruit without knowing I was doing this post. So, coming from a meat eater and a meat-free-er, this product gets two thumbs way up!
Check out my Vegan Vegetable Noodle Soup!
- 1 (28-oz.) bag frozen tater tots
- 1 (10-oz.) package The Jackfruit Company Tex-Mex Jackfruit
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1½ cups vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- 1 large avocado, diced
- chopped cilantro, for serving
- Bake or fry the tater tots per the package instructions then arrange them in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- While the tots are cooking, prepare The Jackfruit Company Tex-Mex Jackfruit according to the package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle the jackfruit over top of the tater tots then follow with the black beans corn and vegan cheddar cheese. Bake the tater tot nachos until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the tater tot nachos from the oven and top them with the tomatoes, green onions, and avocado. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of cilantro, if desired.