This Vegetable Noodle Soup is a great hearty and healthy vegan meal that will keep you warm and energized going into Springtime!
Happy March, Everyone! I honestly can’t believe that February is already over. There’s something about saying that it’s March that makes spring seem like such a tangible thing and I can’t wait! This Vegetable Noodle Soup is the perfect healthy meal to start getting ready for warmer weather while there’s still a bit of chill in the air.
It also blows my mind that I’m due in July and it’s now March. That seems like SUCH a short amount of time! I’m currently 20 weeks and we had our anatomy scan yesterday to find out the sex of the baby. It makes things so much more real now that we got to see the baby move around and we know that everything is healthy and growing right on track. I’m feeling the baby move all day every day now and it’s the most surreal feeling. Now we need to focus on getting the nursery ready which will be quite the undertaking. If you have any tips for setting up a nursery please let me know because I don’t even know where to start!
I’ve always been a pretty clean and healthy eater, but since being pregnant I’ve been pretty particular about what I’m putting into my body. Soups like this one are perfect for injecting your system with a big dose of nutrients while still keeping you full and satisfied. I love soups all year long, but for some reason, fall and late winter are my favorite times to fix a big batch and eat on them for a couple days. I’m already thinking about an egg roll soup that I’ve been dying to make. Plus, this recipe is tied to something VERY special that I can’t wait to share with you all! Keep your eyes peeled because 2018 is going to be pretty epic if you ask me!
Feeling a bit ill? Try my Cold-Busting Chicken Orzo Soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 (24-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1½ cups shelled pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- In a large pot, add oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the celery and carrots and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add diced tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Stir in cauliflower and pasta. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, kale, and cabbage. Simmer for an addition 2-3 minutes. Serve Immediately.