This post has been sponsored by S-L Snacks National, LLC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If there’s one thing that I look forward to doing more than anything this time of year, it’s getting in the backyard or going to the park for a picnic. Now that we have another tiny guest tagging along, it’s even more fun to explore in the lovely weather and have a delicious meal outside. This Veggie Panini with Hummus and Pesto is one of my favorites to pack along with some of our go-to sides: Cape Cod® Chips and Late July® Chips.
No picnic or summer road trip is complete without a few varieties of crunchy snacks. Starting May 20th, you can hop into your local Walmart, buy $15 worth of participating Cape Cod®, Kettle®, Late July®, Snack Factory®, and Snyder’s of Hanover® products between May 20, 2019 – June 30, 2019 in one transaction, and get a $5 Walmart eGift Card! Check out this store locator find your nearest Walmart store. Seriously, some of my favorite vacation memories as a kid revolve around picking out my road trip snacks. Maybe I should have known I would grow up to be a foodie! As soon as warm weather rolls around, I start keeping snacks like Late July® Chips and Cape Cod® Chips around just in case we have company and need a quick snack spread or have an impromptu picnic. When we stopped for those vacation snacks as a kid, it was always at Walmart. And to this day, their selection is top notch. I like having options, and Walmart definitely has options. You won’t have any trouble finding the Cape Cod® Chips or Late July® Chips, plus, you can’t pass up that great of an offer.
This sandwich makes the perfect outdoor feast if you ask me. It’s hearty enough without meat, but you could totally add some turkey or salami if you like! It goes perfectly with the super crunchy classic flavor of the Cape Cod® Chips, and you absolutely MUST grab some fresh salsa and guacamole to accompany your Late July® Chips. Throw in some fresh fruit and some sparkling water, and you’ve pretty much got my perfect meal!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy the outdoors this time of year? There’s nothing better than the nostalgic feeling summer brings every year!
Don’t forget to swing by your local Walmart after May 20th, buy $15 worth of participating Cape Cod®, Kettle®, Late July®, Snack Factory®, and Snyder’s of Hanover® products between May 20, 2019 – June 30, 2019 in one transaction, and get a $5 Walmart eGift Card! Snap a picture of your receipt, ensuring all the items are in view and email the photo to summersnacking.com by July 13. Once your purchase has been validated, you will receive a code. You can redeem that code at www.summersnacking.com by July 27 to receive a $5 Walmart eGift Card. Check out this store locator find your nearest Walmart store.
- 1½ tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt to taste
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced in half lengthwise and then cut into 4 sections
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced or mashed
- sliced provolone cheese
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots; sauté until translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté until browned lightly on the outside. Add the baby spinach; sauté until wilted and warmed through. Remove from heat and season with salt.
- Spread some hummus on one side of the bread and pesto on the other. Assemble the sandwiches by arranging the vegetables on the bread and layering in the sliced tomatoes and avocado.
- Add the cheese on top of the veggies, cover with another slice of bread, and place on a preheated panini press. Alternatively, you can heat them in an oiled pan over medium heat. When the bread is browned on the outside, remove from heat. Serve with Cape Cod® Chips and Late July® Chips.