The sweltering summer heat calls for a bowl of this refreshing Watermelon and Cucumber Salad with Mint-Honey Vinaigrette!
Hey Hey Hey! How’s life treating you? I just got back from a trip to Kansas with the Kansas Beef Council and it was SO amazing. We were wined and dined every night and treated to the most amazing beef dishes made by incredible chefs.
I literally ate myself to death every night. Now that I’m home, I’m feeling like I’m needing a bit of a veggie detox after all of those meat-heavy meals. This fresh and flavorful Watermelon and Cucumber Salad with Mint-Honey Vinaigrette is a great way to do just that and not feel like you’re being deprived of great flavor.
I love a good salad. Especially one that hits all of the bells and whistles. Something crunchy, something crisp, something juicy, and of course, cheese. Also, lettuce but that’s a given.
You *almost* don’t need dressing with this one because the watermelon gives off so much moisture, but you definitely don’t want to miss out on the honey-mint vinaigrette. Make this salad for lunch and your co-workers will be VERY jealous. Trust me.
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the Salad
- 6 cups mixed greens salad
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 an English cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well combined
- Layer the watermelon, cucumber, walnuts, and feta on top of the mixed greens.
- Top with as much dressing as desired. Any leftover vinaigrette can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week.