Who needs store-bought mini muffins when you could make your own in under 30 minutes? These Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins will make your mornings so much easier!
Who remembers those Little Bites Mini Muffins that we used to have as kids? I mean, they totally still sell them, but I haven’t had them in probably 15 years or so. Man, I used to be so obsessed with those babies. Back when I used to eat them, they only had chocolate chip and blueberry flavor, but I just looked them up, and they have so many more now! Pumpkin, snickerdoodle, funfetti… Yes, please! Low and behold, they actually have a banana chocolate chip flavor! Even though I haven’t tried those, I’m fairly confident that these Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins are 10 times better, plus they’re more healthy! Next, I definitely have to recreate that snickerdoodle flavor!
This time next week, Matt and I will be heading to Martha’s Vineyard for our babymoon! I’m so excited to have some chill time away with no responsibilities. Honestly, I’m most excited about all of the good food! Lobster rolls, clam chowder, maybe muffins? If you have any recommendations for MV please let me know!
- 1½ cups white wheat flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line or spray 18 mini muffin cups.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk in medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full. Bake muffins until tops are golden and set, and tester inserted into the center comes out just a couple crumbs, about 14-16 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack to cool.