These Whole Wheat Chocolate Cherry Muffins are a quick and healthy way to get out the door quickly in the morning! Even the kids will love them!
Who doesn’t love a good muffin recipe? I love trying out new flavor combinations, and these Whole Wheat Chocolate Cherry Muffins are some of my new favorites.
I hope you all had a fun-filled weekend! Mine started out amazingly on Saturday morning with a brunch and yoga charity event. I mentioned it in one of last week’s posts, but basically, I provided brunch for 21 amazing ladies who came together for a great cause. We had a great morning of relaxing yoga practice, mimosas, coffee, and of course, food.
While we were eating, we heard from a representative of The Center for Women and Families and found out what they do to help women and children of domestic abuse. The event ended up raising $1,150 for them when all was said and done!
I was so honored to participate in such an awesome event with amazing women, spreading awareness for such an important cause.
My menu included a smoked salmon bar with red onion, tomatoes, capers, mini bagels, and cream cheese, a DIY parfait station with yogurt, granola, and berries, cinnamon crunch banana bread, sausage and egg casserole, and these Whole Wheat Chocolate Cherry Muffins. I came home with only dirty dishes, so it’s safe to say everything was a hit.
If you want to make a donation to The Center for Women and Families, please CLICK HERE!
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- 2 and 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or agave
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-count muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, gently stir the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the honey and brown sugar together. Add the mashed banana, yogurt, vanilla, and egg. Whisk to combine. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently begin to fold with a rubber spatula. Add the milk slowly and continue to gently mix the ingredients together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cherries. Don't overmix the batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tin. You may have enough for more than 12 muffins. Fill all the way to the top for good muffin tops. Bake for 17-18 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool until ready to eat.