This Cranberry Orange Bourbon Smash is the perfect refreshing holiday sip for all of your festive gatherings this year!!!!
This post has been sponsored Schweppes®. All thoughts and opinions are my own. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. Enjoy responsibly.
The countdown is finally on for all the fun holiday parties! Start the season off right with this Cranberry Orange Bourbon Smash that’s perfect for intimate gatherings or the biggest of soirees!
Can’t you just feel the magic in the air? All of the decorations are out (well, they have been since September), the radio stations are sneaking in festive songs, and food and cocktails are all I can think about. When I was at Walmart the other day, it was all I could do to not load my cart up to the brim with all of the fun holiday goodies. What I did load my cart up with was all of the Schweppes® Sparkling Water – their 8 pack varieties are new to Walmart and I couldn’t be more excited. They had a big end cap filled with Orange, Lemon-Lime, Black Cherry, and Raspberry Lime. It’s time to stock up my bar cart for the holiday season and I can’t be without sparkling water for all of my cocktails, mocktails, and general refreshment. Truth be told, I got down to the very last two of my Schweppes Orange Sparkling Water before I had to shoot this recipe and I thought I would have to run out to get some more. I was able to hold back long enough, but it was very very hard (especially because I love an excuse for a good Walmart run). There’s seriously nothing more refreshing than an ice cold sparkling water.
Cranberry and orange are one of my favorite flavor combinations, especially around the holidays. I knew right away that I wanted to pair the Schweppes Orange Sparkling Water with cranberry simple syrup and bourbon. You seriously have to try this one. It’s refreshing, yet festive and perfectly stout. Pair it with your best cheeseboard and you’ll definitely be winning the holiday party game.
Be sure to upload your receipt of $10 or more of Schweppes products to schweppesholidaytw.com between (11/15-12/22) to receive a FREE festive Schweppes scarf! This way you can look totally fly while you’re serving your epic cocktail. That’s definitely a win-win in my book.
- ¾ cup frozen or fresh cranberries
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp cranberry pulp from simple syrup
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 cup of ice
- ¾ oz cranberry thyme simple syrup
- 1 ounce Schweppes® Orange Sparkling Water
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the cranberries have burst - about 5 minutes. Strain out the cranberries, thyme, and cinnamon stick and set aside to cool.
- In a shaker, combine the orange juice and 1 tbsp of pulp from the strained cranberries. Muddle until pulverized. Add bourbon, ice, and simple syrup and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Pour full contents into a glass and top with 1 ounce of Schweppes Orange Sparkling Water. Stir and garnish with an orange wedge, thyme, and cinnamon stick.
And for even more holiday cocktail fun with Schweppes, check out www.schweppesholidaysips.com!