If you love whiskey sours but want to make them more crowd-friendly, this Whiskey Sour Sangria will definitely do the trick!
Caution: This Whiskey Sour Sangria may cause dancing on tables and extreme karaoke. Proceed with Care.
If you find me at a bar and want to order me a drink, it’ll be either a gin + tonic or a whiskey sour, depending on my mood. Since outdoor drinking season is officially here, I thought I would take one of my favorite cocktails and turn it into a sangria that a whole crowd can enjoy. Although, I wouldn’t judge you if you decided to make a pitcher of them to keep in your fridge all week long. I mean, bourbon + wine + citrus = the perfect way to end a day if you ask me. I’m not going to drone on forever because I know you’re dying to get to the goods. So, I now present you with your new favorite poolside sip.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 bottle sauvignon blanc
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1½ cups lemonade
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Additional sliced lemon and lime, maraschino cherries, and mint for serving
- Dissolve sugar into the hot water to make a simple syrup.
- To a large pitcher, add simple syrup, sauvignon blanc, bourbon, lemonade, and lime juice. Stir well to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, add sparkling water.
- Serve with slices of citrus, maraschino cherries, and mint.