My name is Paige, and I have a coconut addiction. Maybe it’s because it’s summer time, but coconut has been all up in everything I consume lately. Coconut La Croix is literally the best thing EVER and chocolate ZICO coconut water tastes like delicious YooHoo on steroids. So, when I decided to use the last bit of my Bing cherries for some muffins… I had to add a little bit of coconut to make Cherry Coconut Muffins.
THESE ARE SO GOOD.
I’m not even joking, I can’t handle how good they are. They’re SO moist. Like, when I went to stack them on top of each other the bottom one got sufficiently squished. And, who knew that coconut and cherries were a match made in heaven? Not me. But I’m glad I know now! The coconut flavor is subtle, but perfect next to the tangy and juicy chunks of cherry. MMMMMMmmm. If you have overnight guests or you need a quick brunch recipe… these are your girls. Run to make them NOW. Okay I’ll stop being bossy, I’m a Virgo ya know.
Would you just look at those? ?
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt, at room temp
- 1 large egg, at room temp
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 rounded cup fresh cherries, pitted and roughly chopped (I used Bing cherries)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, butter, yogurt and coconut extract. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in pitted cherries and the juices that have seeped from them.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter among prepared muffin cups then and the top with shredded coconut.
- Bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out batter-free, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a rack and let cool.