Valentine’s Day is a holiday that is quite controversial, either you love it, or you hate it. I happen to love it, my fiancé on the other hand…hates it. I can deal with that, because even if your significant other is not a fan, you can always get together with your girlfriends and have a fun night full of drinks, junk food, and Sex in the City reruns. If your plans sound similar to that, then you need to be the one to bring this delicious Single Ladies Valentine Sangria to the party. It’s tart and sweet, and freckled with luscious fruit and ADORABLE heart shaped apple pieces. Definitely give it a try, even if you’re having a casual date night at home, the boys will love it too, even if they don’t want to admit it!
- 1 750ml bottle of White Zinfandel or Rosé Wine
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup defrosted cranberry juice concentrate
- ¼ cup triple-sec
- 1 apple, sliced thick and cut out with a heart cookie cutter
- 1 cup of frozen red and purple fruit (I used strawberries, blackberries, and grapes)
- 2 cups of lemon-lime soda
- Combine everything but the soda in a glass pitcher, stir well to dissolve the sugar. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the lemon-lime soda. Garnish with apple hearts and more frozen fruit.