It’s finally time to dust off the grill! These Grilled Ratatouille Foil-Packets are the perfect side dish to steaks, chicken or fish.
Hey, guys! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Mine was spent fixing up our backyard and doing some experimenting on the grill with these Grilled Ratatouille Foil-Packets.
Within the last week, we’ve officially uncovered the grill and fired it up. We didn’t get ours until it was towards the end of the season last year, so I’ve been so excited to get to use it more. I started off with a couple of marinated New York strip steaks and these flavorful veggie foil packets. I honestly couldn’t believe how well they turned out.
Fun fact: Matt and I LOVE the movie Ratatouille. Obviously, I’m partial because Remy is an adorable chef mouse. But, Matt loves it just as much as I do. I definitely feel like it’s one of the more grown-up Disney movies, and if you haven’t seen it, you’re severely missing out. Go watch it right now.
The dish ratatouille is a classic French Provençal dish consisting of stewed tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and bell peppers with various herbs and seasoning. Since so many of those vegetables are great in the spring/summer, I decided to put a grilled spin on it. Rest assured, I will be making this incredibly easy side dish all season long. I’m obsessed. P.S. I ate the leftovers this morning in a frittata with crumbled feta and it was amazing.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ pound small Roma tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, fennel seeds, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cut 4 12"x18" sheets, enough to wrap the veggies, of heavy duty foil. Layer the vegetables on the center of each aluminum foil square. Start with the eggplant, then the onion, zucchini, tomato, and bell pepper.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over top of the veggies and top with fresh basil. Seal the edges of the foil to make packets.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and place on the foil packets seam side up. Close grill and cook for 15 minutes. Carefully open packets and serve.
Subscribe to get recipes
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new and exciting recipes sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.